One Month, One Mission strives to unite those in need with those who have, whether we are in the same community or miles apart. Every month we post a new mission; every month we witness the power of human connection and goodwill.

October 17, 2009

October and November Missions Confirmed!

What a day!  Who doesn't love getting mail?  Well, I LOVE getting mail - and my trusty UPS, FedEx, and USPS delivery men and women all know me too well with all the packages I get related to my jewelry business.  But nothing compares to the two, yes TWO pieces of special mail I got today!  They both got my heart racing like you can't believe (shh... don't tell my cardiologist!)

First is related to what will be our (better-late-than-never) October MissionI received an e-mail confirming our joint sponsorship with the Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) for preparing holiday troop care packages for our troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Second, my favorite brown truck delivered a BIG box of goodies for our November Mission.  We are working with Soles4Souls Thanks4Giving Program, whose goal is to collect 250,000 pairs of new and gently-worn shoes for distribution for the needy both here in the US and abroad.  I have already partnered with a local Mom's group for a city-wide drive concurrent with their winter rummage sale on November 14, and am hoping to work with my church and daughter's schools as well.  If you are interested in having your congregation or school also participate in the November Mission, please contact me and I'll get you all set up!

More information on these missions, what and when to give or help, and all other details will be posted frequently over the next few days and weeks.

Oh boy, here goes the heart palpitations again!  How wonderful it feels to get this all underway!

No comments:

Post a Comment