One Month, One Mission strives to unite those in need with those who have, whether we are in the same community or miles apart. Every month we post a new mission; every month we witness the power of human connection and goodwill.

December 29, 2009

DECEMBER MISSION: ACCOMPLISHED! $188 to help in the fight againt pediatric cancer!

The totals are in!  Being sent in the mail tomorrow is a check for $188.00, to Alex's Lemonade Stand, in memory of Tate Begger.  THANK YOU to everyone for every single purchase you made in support of this fundraiser.  All of the profits (and most costs!) have been allocated to ALS. 

Due to the popularity of "Tate's Lemonade Necklace" and "Tate's Pink Lemonade Necklace", I have decided to keep these two necklaces available for sale, with $10 from every sale being designated to Alex's Lemonade Stand.  So, if December 28 (and 2009!) came and went for you, don't fret, you can still participate in the fight against pediatric cancer and sport a really neat necklace at the same time.

Also, I want to say I had planned to do a lot more for this fundraiser - I still have oodles of materials sitting in my studio just waiting to be made into something special.  However, the daily life of being a mother and wife and business-owner during the Christmas rush got the better of me.  So, instead of feeling badly, I've come to the realization that SOMETHING is better than nothing.  Often, we stop right in our tracks because we believe "we can't do enough" or "what can I really do".  Do something.  Do anything!  You don't have to save all the starfish on the beach, just one at a time.  God bless you all this holiday season!

I'll be back soon to announce the January Mission...  Thanks everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. i linked over to your blog from my giveaway and saw this entry. it touched me cause my daughter is a pediatric nurse on the oncology/blood disorders floor. it's a tough job and high stress, but i tell her often that she is ministering to others in need each time she works.

    thanks for entering!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete